I have been meaning to put my own list on paper/blog, but never taken the time. Lucky me, I have the time right now, so here it is:
Why I run (in no particular order):
- I want to be around my children and their children, possibly even their children…AND grow old with my husband.
- Running is cheaper than smoking.
- The conversations I have with myself are very entertaining.
- I love hearing people say “You ran HOW MANY miles?”
- Collecting medals is much more rewarding than collecting baseball cards.
- Because I can do this by myself, without having to be accountable to anyone.
- It is a great weight maintencance program (I LOVE Peanut M&Ms).
- It makes me feel good and gives me confidence.
- I want enough racing bibs to cover an entire wall.
- It is about the only “ME” time I can get, the kids can’t keep up with me running. 😉
- It gives me the chance to make real life and online running friends.
- I want my children to realize there is nothing wrong with exercise.
- Last but not least: Because I can!