RSS

4 miles @ work

12 Oct

Comments: My Garmin was at 0 hours remaining when I turned it on this morning…oops! So I only have a general idea on how long I ran, about 41 min and I think I covered about 4 miles, maybe a tad bit short.

Love the cooler weather. 🙂

I am driving my co-workers nuts (in a good way). They all agreed I started tapering way too soon, I should go out and run all that energy off.

After I came back from my run at lunch time my boss just looked at me and I said “4”! lol Boy am I glad he’s running the 1/2 marathon, he’s just as excited about it as I am! This way I’ll for sure keep my job!

The running group I am running with is supplying us with running singlets for the price of $5, I can’t complain about that. I was told they are orange (gosh now I have to find matching shorts! just kidding) and we should stand out in the crowd.

OMG…I am so excited I think I am gonna burst! Everytime I look out the window at work I see High Street (mile 12 through 17) and the starting area…I am soooo ready!

>>>9 days to go to the Columbus Marathon<<<

!!!Single digits!!!

Time: 10:30 am

Weather: 51, overcast

ClothesLongsleeve Turkey Trott Shirt, Adidas Shorts

Shoes: Saucony

Distance: 4 (approx

Time: 41 min (approx)

Split:

Course: Goodale park x 2 and back.

Advertisements

7 Comments

Posted by on October 12, 2007 in Blogroll, Countdown, Running

7 responses to “4 miles @ work

1. Nancy

October 12, 2007 at 1:57 pm

Are you gonna try out the singlet on any kind of a run??? I’ve heard not to introduce new clothing into the equation unless it has undergone a longer mileage test. God, I don’t want you to chafe. You are so excited.

BODY GLIDE, GIRL. LOTS OF IT. 😀

2. Nancy

October 12, 2007 at 1:58 pm

Do I sound like a mom? Geez. Sorry. I just worry about my pals. 🙂

3. Running Ragged

October 12, 2007 at 2:36 pm

Thanks mom! 😉 I have body glide at home, but I have never had to use it (knock on wood). I am going to take it on my 2 mile run on Saturday (day before the race). If it doesn’t feel right then I’ll default back to my regular running shirt.

4. Cranky

October 12, 2007 at 7:17 pm

The taper is crucial–I know how hard it is, but enjoy the eating and sleeping!

5. william carter

October 13, 2007 at 10:49 am

I’m getting excited for you also. It sounds like the weather is going to be just about perfect. Don’t do anything crazy now and…. save that energy for the big day.

6. kate

October 13, 2007 at 11:05 am

We’re getting close now!!! I went out and got myself a BRIGHT orange shirt about 6 weeks ago that I’m planning on wearing (took it on my 20-milers to test it out). I look like a running traffic cone in this thing. I secretly want to paint bright purple dots all over it but it might give people seziures. Weeeee!!!!!!! I can’t wait!!!!

7. Amy

October 13, 2007 at 8:09 pm

I think you passed on some energy directly from this post, through my computer and into my body. I think your energy is at peak level for your race –

Body glide is great – hope it worked on your 2 mile run.

%d bloggers like this: