RSS

8 miles @ home (11:24)

15 Oct

Comments: I did not feel like running on Saturday, so I didn’t. Instead I went out Sunday morning. It was a good run. Tried running a bit slower than last Tuesday, I succeeded. I felt strong and was even able to do some pickups the last two miles.

After I got back the hubby (’06 Yamaha YFZ 450) and I (’06 Suzuki Quadsport) went quadding for a few hours at Wayne National Forest. It is funny that I can run for two hours and not be really sore the next day, but the quad riding has my muscles aching. It was fun, but I felt like I had to concentrate really hard to make sure I would not end up getting hurt.

That day I enjoyed running more, because you can let your mind go and really don’t need to pay attention to anything (other than cars and road kill), but when you go quadding (we ride fairly fast) you constantly have to be thinking about how to hit the next rut, turn, etc. Exhausting!

I am taking Monday off to give my body time to recover and to do some school work.

This morning the hubby said “This IS the week…” and started to make some goofy running guestures. lol

>>>6 days to go to the Columbus Marathon<<<

Time: 7:30 am

Weather: 50, overcast

ClothesMiT Technical Shirt, Adidas Shorts, Gloves, Fuel Belt

Shoes: Saucony

Distance: 8

Time: 1:31:12

Split: 11:24

Course: To Cattail and back.

Advertisements

8 Comments

Posted by on October 15, 2007 in Countdown, Long Run, Quadding, Running

8 responses to “8 miles @ home (11:24)

1. Nancy

October 15, 2007 at 11:19 am

Better rest those legs, Girlie. I’m assuming you do this somewhat frequently so it isn’t too bad? I would be toast. Just the squats PT guy has been having me do are making me sore. Not sure how much of this we should be doing the week of a race?? 😀

2. Cranky!

October 15, 2007 at 12:39 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend. I can’t wait to read your race report.

3. Andria

October 15, 2007 at 5:20 pm

6 Days!!! Wow! You are going to do great but no more quadding before the race. Haha! You don’t want to be exhausted.

4. Bill Carter

October 15, 2007 at 9:52 pm

We’ve got quads up at my parent’s place and they are a blast! Got to take it easy now. Less than a week and those legs need to be chilling out. Ok to do school work this week, but no long crazy runs just because you feel good. You are ready.

5. kate

October 16, 2007 at 6:41 am

EEEEWWWWW!!! Sweaty nekkid runners jiggly. Blech. Ha! I realize this has no relevance to the context of your post so I will say that your husband saying “This is the week” instantly queued the theme from Chariots of Fire in my head. 4 days!

6. smchurchi

October 16, 2007 at 7:31 pm

Hey! Rest up, girl. I hope I see you in Columbus Sunday (right now I’m planning on it!) Seriously, you should take at least 3 days and not run a step.

Sandy

7. Brian

October 17, 2007 at 2:52 am

Oh, I can feel the excitement… I wish I were running a marathon this weekend. You’ll do great and I can’t wait to read your thoughts on the marathon and how you did…

My two cents, what I did the week before the marathon was pretty much no running and exercise almost the whole week before. Went into the marathon completely rested and ready. I think this will be my plan of attack for the upcoming marathon in November, and for probably every marathon if it works again.

8. Gabie

October 19, 2007 at 2:05 am

You will make it, I’m shure. Also I will be proud of you.

%d bloggers like this: