The big decision…

01 May

…whether or not to train for a full marathon again this fall. I really want to (deep down I am very competative) finish the Cbus marathon faster than I did last year, but I am just not sure if I want to put all that time into training again during the summer and heat.

I just heard that John Bingham is going to move his Columbus Distance Classic to the beginning of May (same date as the Flying Pig) next year and not just offer a half marathon, but also a full. If that is the case….I COULD train for the full in the fall, but if it is just too much (because there are tons of other things to do in the summer), I COULD default back to the half and then COULD make the Distance Classic full my target.

My original plan was for winter/spring training, before I found out about the full marathon in May & date change, to run the Distance Classic 1/2 marathon and then do the Flying Pig 1/2 marathon 3 weeks later. *sigh*

Oh, I just don’t know, but I need to make a decision soon, training for the full starts May 10th!

I guess for now I’ll just see how things go with the 1/2 THIS weekend and then go from there. Who knows, I MIGHT have a really crappy experience and hang up my running shoes, or MIGHT have a really great, out of body experience and say I’ll run every marathon available!

Comments Off on The big decision…

Posted by on May 1, 2008 in Blogroll


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: